blend pot question

dexxyy
I`ve had a tanglewood tw68 ric 325 copy for a few years and have always been pretty disappointed with the pickup configuration so I rewired it  following this schematic. it works as it should except when I blend the neck and bridge pickups the output is halved, I`ve used a 500k dual gang pot, do I need to up it to 1m or do I need another pot entirely?
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: blend pot question

Beaker
Only had a quick look, but that drawing looks right to me. Your output is halved because it is wiring the pickups in parallel (like middle switch position on a Tele).

You could wire in an extra switch to have the option of series as well as parallel, like this example from a Jazz Bass.

Re: blend pot question

dexxyy
I think it`s only the stewmac blend pot I need, stewmac description, "Our unique linear-taper pots control the signal mix from two pickups or sources, panning from one source to another, with both signals full at the center detent." Thinking about it (should have done that earlier:-)) the dual gang pot I`m using will blend between the 2 pots, but at the half way stage there`s obviously 250k across both outputs hence half volume.
NOW, does anyone know where to get THIS in the UK?
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: blend pot question

dexxyy
found it, axesrus have the very thing.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.