byoc 5 knob compressor

kirshman
The schematic is available in their instructions.  From what I read its the keeley 4 knob with a mix control, which would be my dream comp!

Re: byoc 5 knob compressor

Chris60601
Why not just build fro this?

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/07/keeley-4-knob-compressor.html

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: byoc 5 knob compressor

kirshman
I've built that comp and really like it but there is no blend knob in this layout.  He mentions the possibility of a daughterboard with the blend knob on it, that would be awesome, but it's not there.

Re: byoc 5 knob compressor

Chris60601
Yes - you are correct however, it appears that in the thread there is this link:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/split-n-blend.html

That seems very doable. The Send and Return (in my mind) is nothing more than the effect in and the effect out from the main circuit.

I may have to build this myself!

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: byoc 5 knob compressor

kirshman
Thanks for your help.  I just read through the comments of that one and mirosol says it won't work for the keeley.  If it will I'm going to put it in today!

Re: byoc 5 knob compressor

Chris60601
Ah yes - I see this now. I didn't bother reading through that thread.

Silly me!
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.