can some one do me a quick favor

vick

If someone is inclined could you make a quick strip board for this?  If so I appreciate it, if not I will give it a try tomorrow.

I want to make up some boards to use as flashing red eyes as Halloween decorations.

Re: can some one do me a quick favor

johnk
this should work, but i'd use a 470 ohm-1K ohm resistor for the led instead of a 100R.

Re: can some one do me a quick favor

vick
thank you very much I will give it a try tomorrow.

Re: can some one do me a quick favor

vick
FYI - I built this and it is not working.  I went over the vero and it looks accurate to the schematic provided.  I went to trouble shoot but my battery is dead on my multimeter and I do not have a spare.   this is the second time I have left my multileter on so came back to a dead battery.

Oh well time to amazon

Re: can some one do me a quick favor

johnk
hmm. I think that it should probably work.
there's another one online that looks very similar to your schematic:

http://www.elektroniksforkids.com/projects/view/PRO112/Two-LED-flasher-using-Timer-555.-Control-Speed-through-potentiometer.php

you might try try connecting pins 4 and 8 on the 555.

like this:

Re: can some one do me a quick favor

vick
thank you linking 4 and 8 worked

it is blinking a little fast for my use but i will play with the resistor values to get it to my liking.

Thanks again

Re: can some one do me a quick favor

Dave
This could in theory be converted into a tremolo right?
Either use this circuit as part of an ldr circuit or using the varying resistance directly in series with the signal right?
Thanks
Dave

Re: can some one do me a quick favor

vick
if I wanted to use an ldr to turn on the circuit ( only blinks when it is dark)

could I just replace the link on the second column between row 3 & 8 with an ldr?

If not where would be the best place?