clock tick

Sensei Tim
A Clone Theory pedal that i made for someone in september just came back to me with very audible clock ticking.  I've tried swapping out the BBD chips and still have the tick.  Could it be the 4047 chip?

Any ideas on where it might be coming from?  there was no tick when i built it.  the cancel trimmer does nothing to eliminate the tick either :-/

Re: clock tick

Frank_NH
Did you build it using the vero layout here?  You might try changing the LFO op amp (LM1458) to something like the CE-2 uses (TL022).

Re: clock tick

Sensei Tim
Yeah I used the tagboard layout.

I was thinking that it might have been poor power supply filtering. I'll try swapping out the op amp.i have a couple different ones kicking around....

Will report back later

Re: clock tick

Try a buffer in front. I've had phasers tick without one. Also check for poor grounding/contact points, loose nuts, and power crossing input/output wires. Pedals with LFO's do odd things and are super temperamental.

Re: clock tick

Sensei Tim
so i've swapped all of the ICs from a known good build - nothing.

Tried swapping the charge pump - nothing

checked all the grounds and they're good.

tried moving wires to see if it had an impact on the strength of the tick - nothing.

i'm starting to wonder wtf is going on with this build....