craziest two knob pedal

skeletonghost
Hey. I have an etched enclosure that I want to use for a new effect but I am trying to think of a circuit suitable for it. I am looking for something really glitchy/oscillate-y/weird but that can fit a two-knob enclosure. Something along the line of Tonegod's Christine or Escobedo's Ugly Face. Any ideas?

Here's a pic of the enclosure. I'd rather not drill a bunch more holes and ruin the design.

Re: craziest two knob pedal

Muadzin
That is one sick ass sweet looking artwork!

Unless you bought it as it is you'd probably been better off to have planned what goes in beforehand. Still, maybe you could build something with internal trimmers? Most dirt pedals I hardly ever change the setting once I find the right levels.
mug

Re: craziest two knob pedal

mug
Wow, really cool look!
(Note to myself: must try etching enclosures!)

What about side-mounted pots?
Of course it would cost some space on the board, but you'd save the (fantastic!) artwork.
Like this one (ok, its an amp, but you get the idea...)

For me the most crazy thing is still the fuzz factory with almost uncontrollable interacting pots...

Re: craziest two knob pedal

Man that enclosure looks sick!!

How bout a Devi Ever Disaster Fuzz?

http://youtu.be/OnC9B7tQpoU

Re: craziest two knob pedal

strewel_peterson
Mid-Fi's Random Number Generator? Only one knob, and glitchy in the extreme.

Re: craziest two knob pedal

skeletonghost
Thanks for the suggestions! The story is I had a DAM meathead in the enclosure but I've got a bit tired of it and I'm looking to mix it up. I think I'm going to go with strewel's suggestion and go for the random number generator. Maybe stick a tone pot in the second hole. Thanks guys!

Re: craziest two knob pedal

balazs.bencs
My fav 2-knob distortion/fuzz is the Crimson Drive from EQD, you should try that if you have one PNP germanium in stock.

Re: craziest two knob pedal

Addy Bart
You can add a second pot to the Mid Fi RNG. Doug himself described it as 'more fun':

Thread here.

Replace the 100k resistor on the far right of the vero (the one at Tagboard)

Re: craziest two knob pedal

notnews
I'm a fan of the DBA effects line.. the interstellar overdriver is a great effect. maybe even a 3-knob effect where you substitute a volume or gain pot for a set-and-forget trimmer?

RNG- type effects are cool too.

really great artwork man!