double bass question

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
hello there to everybody. I have some questions about pedals for doule bass. i guess johnk would probably know something more about those big violins...(!!!!), as he's expert with their electrical brothers.

a friend of mine is playing this insrument, and he want's a chorus (and some other pedals). i've build the little angel with the mods from here, it sounds fantastic with my guitar, but when we've tested it with the doublebass there was nothing but parasites..he has a very expensive professional "thing that sticks on doublebass and goes to amplifier" which i don't know how it's called in english(!!!!),  so that wouldn'd be a problem...to be honest the effect wasn't in a box but i don't feel like that would be a promblem eather with an effect like little angel...so...the question is what are the basic bass mods generally and second, can i build pedals for doublebass or this organ needs something special?
thanks anyway.

Re: double bass question

johnk
I built a' Little Angel' and I agree that it's not suitable for bass use (nor is the 'Zombie' chorus), since their chorus effect is limited at best.  IMO, a boss CE-2 with the 'toneman' mods is really good for bass, but my favorite chorus for bass is the Tech21 bass boost chorus, however, IMO, it's too complicated of a circuit to build a clone of it.

Re: double bass question

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
thanks mate...i see...choruses are a pain in the ass for basses...thats why my friend couldn't find a nice one and asked my help..i'll pass him your answer...!!!