eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

I bet that Fix'd Fuzz is on vero!

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

PStevenson

when I used to sell things on eBay I would always do an "inside" picture to show the soldering and rigidity. I don't sell anymore due to shit like this - I had signed for postage, it came back with their signature and still they ripped me off by saying it hadn't arrived.

so I sent a packet of dogshit through the post to them.
I suggest you do that.

I just don't sell now - I make things for friends sometimes - if they ask. but not for money, usually for spare parts or whatever else they may have that I would find useful
www.paulinthelab.com - Stripboard Layouts

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

alex.s
The dogshit packet idea is pure class!
Once had a knob selling me a non working Danelectro French Toast and took more and more time to reply to my messages until the point of disappearance.

What the little prick didn't know is that once the buffer switching board was removed it made for a perfectly working, true bypassable Foxx Tone machine.

I was always going to mod it to true bypass and rehouse it, but I still regret letting the guy get away with it. A berk's a berk and should be made to pay for it!

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

JaviCAP
Why dog's shit? Better to send your own shit when you suffer a heavy diarrhea. Pure builder's touch!

BR

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

JaviCAP
Administrator
By the way, I used to have problems too for building with vero. Many assholes think that a pcb is always better. Don't tell them anything about tiny traces, breakages, difficult to unsolder / replace components and so on, because "Really professional and boutique builders always do the job with
 etched pcbs".

But (funny enough) these "persons" use to be the same that get a hard on when they take a look to an effect built point to point with crappy cheap plastic tagboards.

I use to ask them, that if they know how the first Big Muffs were built, or if they know anything about D*A*M and other designers and if they think  that anybody would pay €400 for a "vero crap".

Better answer is "I build effects for people who purchase by their ear, not by their eye, so please buy a Behringer and fit it in a Mad Professor enclosure, surely it will sound great to you"

BR

I had a dog at the time and because there is a law to pick up the dogshit after it's dropped - it was already to hand so to speak - I was angrily walking my dog - pissed off from dickhead eBayers and the idea blossomed from there - plus it was a soft one which was even better.
www.paulinthelab.com - Stripboard Layouts

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

Geiri
Had issues with another eBay buyer recently. His username is: electromagneticblues and he's in the states.

He bought two pedals from me, one cheap and one for quite some money. When he received them he e-mailed me and told me that BOTH didn't work at all. Now, at that point I've had a few people contact me and state that the pedal they bought was faulty. Every single one of them worked perfectly fine when I received them so the problem was on their end. I don't do anything funky to the pedals I make, it's all straight forward. If it works for me, it should work for them as long as their gear is functioning.

So I told the guy that I thought it was unlikely that both pedals would be broken. Coincidence? Yeah sure..

I told him to ship them back to me and once I refunded once I received them. I plugged them in and guess what.. they worked FINE!

I advise you guys to avoid him. I don't know if he does this all the time or not. I told him gently to basically fuck off if he won't do honest business. If he didn't like the pedals, I would've liked him to tell me that rather than them being broken.
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

Vince
I've noticed since I put international postage as 'signed for' which is approx £13.50 (actual price), they seem to not bid anymore. I may even change the UK postage to £6.35 which is guaranteed delivery within the UK.... It's just saves the 'It hasn't arrived' drama which is so bloody annoying whether they are pulling a scam or Royal Mail have 'lost' it.

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

Or bump the price up a tenner and ship it guaranteed UK delivery FOC.  You've got to protect yourself and if that's the only way to do it then so be it.

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

JaviCAP
Geiri, tell this motherf**er that you have repaired both pedals and that in order to compensate him, you'll send him again the pedals, if he pays the postage.

If he accepts, remember the great advise given by our friend PStevenson :))

BR

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

Vince
Also Mark, I've just been to the post office and found a lovely price increase of 55 pence!!

A recorded packet has gone from £3.65 to £4.10!

Re: eBay scammers (buyers!) .. How to deal with them??

JaviCAP
Hi mates!

This time I've had my really first affair with an asshole... I mean, a buyer :P  Not bad after about 90 diffetent buyers and more than 100 pedals mailed.

This guy plays in a somehow known band here in Spain, not really famous but they have two records on the market, sound sometimes on the national radio stations and so on, what we can name "a second line" band.

Well, this ass.. I mean, chap, ordered me a King of Tone, modified to his tastes, and with a personalized front decal. He was in a "real hurry", because he would be recording in Madrid (the band is from Barcelona) and so he would need the pedal in 5-6 days, and have it handed at the studios.

I built the pedal and took it to the studio (is very close to my home and office). Everything was Ok, and from this time I had no news from him.

Ten days after, so past friday evening, received a message from him, telling me that he's having problems with the jacks (what a fuck?) and that he wanted a refund because there was less than 15 days from the purchase.

I answered that which was the problem because I could hardly understand. He told me that he gets problem inserting some kind of jacks in the pedal, and that they don't get fully inserted, and so, that the pedal is unusable.

Well, strange issue by any means. I told him that the jacks I used where the same that I use in any pedal build, and that they accept standard 1/4 jacks with no reported problem, but that  if the problem really exists, I would have no problem in replacing them and installing any jack of his choice, even though I had never an issue like this, and knowing that the only way to get this problem is if you have forced and so bended the female jack, and that  even  I had no problem to pay the send and return shippin' by courier and get the problem solved for next tuesday.

His answer: "I'm in a hurry and can't wait, just refund me".

So I had to send him to hell and tell that if he wants it repaired, he can send the pedal (at his expense) anytime he wants and i'll send it back once repaired and that if he wants his money back, I want the components used to be paid + 150€ for my working hours.

Luckily, in Spain, dealing with purchases between two individuals (no company / dealer involved) if the purchaser  wants a refund, he has to show that the product had the refered problem / damage before the purchase. And luckily enough again, no court would believe that he took 10 days to realize that he had a problem with the  jacks.

This asshole thought that the Consumer's laws were of use in particular purchases too, and tried to get a free KOT for his recording.

By the way, how the local purchases are regulated in your countries?

BR

P.S. If anyone wants this asshole's data to add to Geiri's list, just ask :P (an be careful if you get an order from Barcelona :P)
12