grey axial components?

Ubertech_s
Hi All

I am currently putting together the Forest Green compressor build, but I am new to the world of vero building

what are the grey axial components (22u/1u) on the layout diagrams?

Are they axial caps or some sort of inductor?

Thanks

UT

Re: grey axial components?

Hey man, welcome. Those are axial electrolytic caps. If you look at them you'll also notice a "-" sign that indicates which side should have the negative leg of the electrolytic, because they are polarized unlike the other caps and resistors used.

Re: grey axial components?

Ubertech_s
brilliant. Thanks ... I suspected as much because of the little minus, but I wanted to make sure

Im new to vero board, but I love the freedom of it - though I didnt reverse the cuts diagram before I started so I am now building the whole board in horizontal flip! lesson learned

thanks again for the info