help! with preamp/mixer

lathamuse
Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this, if not really sorry,  I don't mean to offend. I am building an archtop with coil spltting humbuckers, I want to have an endpin mic (on a goose neck) or a passive transducer (if I can't get the Mic idea to work), that I can mix to get a variety of sounds. I need to have just a single out jack to plug straight into my amp (a lot of my jazz gigs are very tight space wise!) To complicate matters I really need to hide it under the scratchplate, my size constraints are, 17mm deep 45x70mm W&H. I have been trying everywhere to find a solution, I have some options that apparently will work, 1- the Acousti-phonic preamp from stew mac. 2-http://www.vellemanusa.com/downloads/0/illustrated/illustrated_assembly_manual_k1803_rev2.pdf   is called a mono preamp K1803. Would the tiger preamp work? is ity small enough? or the Kreuzer Bass preamp? I am a fulltime professional musician, so cost really matters! I am trying my best to learn this stuff but it's a steep learning curve, (bought a breadboard etc), can someone please help, I would really appreciate any advice, direction etc. Thank you, Paul