holy roller

motterpaul
This post was updated on .
In the Holy Roller I am having trouble getting the LED to flash.

I noticed it is being fed by a 560R in the layout, but I don't see that in the schematic. It is a very cool limiter, but I have built 3 now and only the 1st one's LED worked.

Scem...

Re: holy roller

induction
motterpaul wrote
I noticed it is being fed by a 560R in the layout, but I don't see that in the schematic.
Look in the lower right hand corner of the schematic, just between pin 7 of IC2_B and D1.

Re: holy roller

motterpaul
Nevermind, I see it on layout now through the link.

Re: holy roller

motterpaul
but I wish I could figure out why my LEDs are not working. As I said I have now built two additional layouts and both act the same. My layouts look identical.

Using a 5458 trans, and 5532 opamps I was able to make it work, even though I have no flash.

Re: holy roller

induction
Someone might be able to help, but not with so little information.

You know the drill: photos, voltages, mods, substitutions, etc.

Re: holy roller

motterpaul
Trouble-shooting tip - take a high res picture of your solder side. I just did that to post here and as soon as I looked at it I saw a jumper that had been desoldered right by the LED. It all works now, with the correct LM353 opamps and the MPF102. Sounds good, too.

Re: holy roller

induction
The request for photos does seem to have magical debugging properties.

Re: holy roller

motterpaul
Indy...

Just for the record, I had not seen the request, I was doing it voluntarily, but I know it is not the first time that has happened to me.

BY the way - I tried the Tim out and there is a VERY slight change on the boost side even with the other switch off. There is no way it is completely out of the circuit, my neighbor heard it also, and I made a video.

In my case I used to use it in my loop at pretty high gain (channel 2 Marshall). The more gain you have it pushing the more it seems to affect the tone. It is very slight, I can see most people saying "I don't hear a difference," but in my old situation it made a pretty big difference.

Here it is hard to hear on the YouTube but it is louder and fuller when I turn it on, audible, though, even if very subtle. Be sure to play the vid a few times, you hear better hearing the cleaner sound after the dirtier sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGnR00EOwQQ&feature=youtu.be