kt306b?

punkrawkgeek
I was given 4 of these kt306b transitors... little gold leg guys. Anyone know if they'd be a candidate for a pedal at all...?? Thanks

prg

Re: kt306b?

What’s the hfe? Would be cute in a Russian muff

Re: kt306b?

punkrawkgeek
I measured 80, 89, 100, and 105 hfe. What do big muffs usually go for? I have a Green Russian Big Muff ready to be soldered up. I can try putting them in that, once it is all done up.

Re: kt306b?

Those are way too low for a big muff, most vintage spec ones have transistors with hfe in the 150-250 range. But, they may be good in a fuzzface or maybe a Si range master.

Re: kt306b?

Mulekicker
3 of em may work good in the silicon mkii Tonebender that's on the main page from a few years back. I love that pedal.

Re: kt306b?

punkrawkgeek
Thanks. I will take a peak at the Tonebender! See what I can come up with with these random transistors sent to me. :)