-leakage in germanium transistors

myron tataryn
Why do some circuits specify some leakage in transistors eg tonebender for example? Thanx in anticipation

Re: -leakage in germanium transistors

Since most transistors commonly available in the 60s had leakage, it was advantageous for engineers to design a circuit that worked with leakage. That way they don't have to reject all of the leaky transistors that they have so many of

So basically they would design the circuit to bias the transistors properly when there was some leakage present. If you have no leakage, then the bias may be off

Re: -leakage in germanium transistors

myron tataryn
Thank you Travis ,for putting me in the picture re my question about leakage,yours Myron