looking for High Quality Vero Stripboards

looking for High Quality Vero Stripboards

myonus666
Hello,

I do a lot of prototyping, and experimenting, and have recently started on a Vero strip board trend.  I had some of these type of boards in my inventory,  but since I have started using them more, I have run out.  I went to eBay and bought a bunch of strip boards from over seas.  But when I got them-  I found that the board was very brittle-  and if you block out a part of the strip,  the sides don't stay down after a solder attempt.  ,  so the parts are really just junk.

The ones I had came from Radio Shack-  many years ago.  And they are very high quality and seem to put up with soldering, re-soldering,  re-work,  and blocking (removing parts of the strip)  without the copper peeling up.  Unfortunately I have had no luck finding anything I can trust to be a winner for my projects.

If anyone knows of a reliable source of high quality strip boards preferably made in USA;  I would be so grateful for the referral.

Kind regards,

Gibson RD Artist Sunburst 1977
Serial: 73127030
Built in: 08-nov-1977 (serial: 030) (Manufactured in Kalamazoo)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate Combo

Re: looking for High Quality Vero Stripboards

nostradoomus
http://www.veroboard.com

Canadian made/sold so it may be cheaper for you.

Re: looking for High Quality Vero Stripboards

Yep I use Vero (I order it through amazon)

Beware that there are different sizes, hole spacings, board materials, copper traces, etc

You want .1 pitch stripboard for the effects on this site. If you are planning large builds make sure you order a big enough piece
mug

Re: looking for High Quality Vero Stripboards

mug
I really like the vero from Tayda - very strong, easy to drill clean cuts, never had a trace lifting or other problems, nice solder flow... and dead cheap!

Re: looking for High Quality Vero Stripboards

Mulekicker
I agree. I haven't had any issues with the tayda vero, it's easier to cut and doesn't fall apart. Like Travis said,  when I need a bigger board (mutron phasor II I'm currently building), I get it from veroboard through Amazon.

Re: looking for High Quality Vero Stripboards

This is what I get.  Veroboard (brand) stripboard from Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/Prototype-Stripboard-5000hole-Epoxy-Veroboard/dp/B008CPVMMU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1520432748&sr=8-2&keywords=stripboard+veroboard

Make sure it's made of Epoxy-Fiber (much better than the plastic stuff IMO) and 0.1" hole pitch.

Re: looking for High Quality Vero Stripboards

Hozy31
For UK folks, i have found Bright Components sells the best strip board i have ever used. I always get my strip board from them except if i need larger. Not brittle or smelly and easy to drill. http://bright-components.co.uk/epages/950004269.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950004269/Products/protoverolarge5
"Red velvet lines the black box"