muff question

Sensei Tim
I'm not a big big muff guy so i guess this question goes out to the muff experts out here.

I've built a ram's head and a green russian muff, both with the mid scoop/flat/boost switch on them.

the NYC muff layout doesn't have the switch present. can i do the same wiring and connect the mid switch from tone 3 to the Q3 collector?

i wanna say yes, but i just want to confirm. i've never played an NYC muff so i don't know if the mid boost would be effective like it is on the others.  i assume 4n7 is still good for flat response and 10n+ for boost?

Re: muff question

Muadzin
I install that switch on all my Muff builds. So yes, not only can you do that with any Muff pedal (including all factory models), IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY!

Sorry for the cap shouting but that switch is just so damn handy in a Muff. You play in a band and you can't hear yourself? Don't turn up your amp as most people would, just flick that switch and boom! You're back in the mix. Which also illustrates that a good EQ setting is incredibly underrated by most musicians. Personally flat is usually all you need to cut through in a mix. So theoretically all you need is an on/on switch with just a 4n7 cap. But I guess its nice to have the option to go nuclear. Better to have it and not need then need it and not have it, right?

As for the cap values, 4n7 and 10n are perfectly good for all Muffs. Since almost all of them use 3n9 in their tonestack, which creates that well known mids scoop. If you increase that value, as some Skreddy Muffs have, then said mid scoop gets reduced. The P19 has 6n8 in its tonestack, if memory serves me right, and the mids switch is an on/on that alternates between just slightly scooped stock and a mids boost by bringing in an additional 6n8 cap.