mutant overdrive/distortion

ibanez48
Would anybody be interested in laying this out on vero.

Re: mutant overdrive/distortion

jaredcohen
This post was updated on .
Weird stuff. I got bored tonight and did about 80% of it, but the 1's all look like 2's and vise-versa, the Hi/Lo pot wiring is something I haven't seen before, and it's unclear to me how the switching works (I assume the Dist/OD is a DPST on/on, and the Turbo is its own SPST, but if there's a demo of this circuit anywhere, that would help.

Re: mutant overdrive/distortion

ibanez48
Did you ever you ever get it finished? Far as i know there is no demo of this. This looks like it would be a  good distortion.

Re: mutant overdrive/distortion

BuGG
This is pretty close to the Prince of Tone circuit with an added input buffer....

Here's my take on it:

S1 is a DPDT On/On toggle switch.  When S1A is closed you have Distortion, when S1B is closed you have Overdrive.   If you used an On/Off/On toggle switch you would essentially have the "Boost' mode of the PoT when the switch is in the middle position.

Turbo is a SPST toggle switch.    "Turbo" is active when the switch is open.     You might get better results if you swapped the 220K and 1M resistor here.

The tone stack is just a typical fixed-mid Fender style tone stack.

I'm not a stripboard guy, but I could make up some PCBs for this.

Re: mutant overdrive/distortion

Alex
Good luck with this!
Swapped 220K and 1M resistors as Bugg suggested.

Re: mutant overdrive/distortion

Alex
Did it work?

Re: mutant overdrive/distortion

ibanez48
I haven't had a chance to build it yet. Will try to this weekend thanks for the layout. And I had to order some parts and my luck it's got lost in the mail. But I got them yesterday. I didn't have any 56n or 9.1k got them now.