neat boxing

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
This post was updated on .
this is just my way for neat boxing. after 70 boxed effects i found that as the easiest, fastest and neatest way. boxing now is really fun for me.

hope that helps.

enjoy!

first you need a surface (wood in my case) where you'll draw the outline of a 1590b (or whatever), and drill some holes for the pots. i made a few so that i can work on effects with 2, 3 or 4 pots and switches.

after you've build your board, solder some wire on the pots along with the links between lugs if necessary (gain1&2 for example) . place the pots where you want them to be (remember to mirror those places cause that is the down side)

then place your board over those pots and start measuring the length of the wire from each lug to each hole, cut and solder, cut and solder, cut and solder.....the benefit of this way against the inside the box soldering is that you can pull off and turn the board to solder any time along with the already soldered pots. you just need the wood to measure the wires length and to have a view of how the board will look like as if it was in the box.

those wires will hold everything in place and you should end up with something like this

and this

this is big muff ic

and this one is mxr custom badass modified o.d.

i like to put some double sided stickers too.

you can imagine now how much easier my boxing has become...

hope you'll like it

cheers

Savvas

Re: neat boxing

Man, you beat me to it. I was going to make a post about how I do my wiring, still will, but great minds think alike saavas, because I essentially do the same exact think, except I use the enclose it's going in. After I drill my elcosure I stick the pots into the holes from the outside and wire it all up. This way if I do something different with the position of everything I can just do it. One caveat is that everything is the reverse of how it's going to actually be when it's I the enclosure. IE, if you want the volume pot on the right side when you're wiring it up it's on the left, because when you're doing the wiring you're looking at it as if it's inside the enclosure.

Re: neat boxing

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
i believe you've got so much more things running this period man...so don't be sad... i didn't beat you at all!!
i really love the way you've organized the forum Zack.
keep on with the good work!

Savvas