need help for 7818 and 7918 in a multi power supply

need help for 7818 and 7918 in a multi power supply

El-even
hi guys and happy new year,

i found a laptop adapter @ ~19/20vout and made a 9v regulated/filtered out with it and one 7809+web schematic

i also have one "GL7818" and one "7918CT" in my random components box
i'm thinking make a +18vout with the 7818 but don't know how to wire it
is it different from the 7809?
can you help me please?

Re: need help for 7818 and 7918 in a multi power supply

induction
Here you go. The 7818 is wired the same as the 7809, which means that the input voltage should be 2-3 V higher than the intended output voltage. So you will need a source voltage of 20-21 VDC. Your laptop supply might work, or might not have enough voltage. The only way to know is to try it.

Re: need help for 7818 and 7918 in a multi power supply

El-even
Thank you very much induction,

i wired it like 7809 an it didn't work... after reading your reply i assume the problem is my laptop supply, nevermind!