needs help for dual CMOS preamp

El-even
This post was updated on .
Hi guys,

again with my sunn preamp,

the two channels are strictly identical except one thing.
The two 4069 have different connections (a drawing will be more explicit)

i will use a bipolar converter and only have +15/-15v...these two connections are the only connections (to "nothing") demands 8v on all the schematic ?!?
so my question is, why these two legs on the second Cmos are wiring to +8v and can i simply wire them to ground like the first one?

Re: needs help for dual CMOS preamp

Silver Blues
That's weird. As far as I'm aware, the inputs of any unused inverters must be tied to some definite logic level and that's the only requirement. Both 8v and ground are definite logic levels so the functionality should be exactly the same?

Re: needs help for dual CMOS preamp

El-even
Thanks Silver Blues,

To my noob point of view, i was thinking "it's maybe wiring like this to prevent interference between they" but, i haven't the electronic learning about this level of technology...

i will trying the two solution and see what happen
1/ the twos chips to ground
2/ the second to +9v just to see if i'm able to hearing difference

RIP Lemmy
courage to the bandmate,son and friends
Life's a bitch

Re: needs help for dual CMOS preamp

I was about to make a post about it. As soon as I found out I cranked up my mesa and played some ace of spades in honor of him. Can't believe it. At least he's not suffering any more and now he's rocking out and raising hell with the rest of the rock gods.

I was lucky enough to see them in a small club a few years ago, and was front row right infront of lemmy. As a bassist it was heaven. It was the best show I've ever been too, and I'll never forget it. You would watch him play and it was like his hands barely moved. Seriously unreal.