other diode options for Ezekiel 25:17

BassVD
Hi guys

I'm planning on building an Ezekiel 25:17 with a 6 position rotary switch and I was wondering what other good sounding diode configurations I could throw in there.

Any suggestions?

Re: other diode options for Ezekiel 25:17

Sphere80
I built one too. It's great for rhythm guitar.  You can try asymmetric germaniums in between the germanium and silicon pairs for a smoother " in between" setting.  The same with a silicon trio  before the LEDS.  You can also try mosfets.

Re: other diode options for Ezekiel 25:17

BassVD
This post was updated on .
Isn't the germanium option (position 1 on the switch) already asymmetric?
Asymmetric silicon seems like something to experiment with.

I'll probably put sockets for the diodes on position 5 and 6 of the switch and try some stuff out. These are some of the options I came up with. No idea what they will sound like, but might be interesting?

- combining germanium and silicon: 1n34a + 1n4001 back to back with another 1n34a+1n4001.
- another germanium and silicon option (asymmetric): 2x 1n60p (germanium) back to back with a 1n914 (silicon)
- schottky's: two BAT41's back to back.

Any further input is welcome!

Re: other diode options for Ezekiel 25:17

Sphere80
Yes, I now see it's 3.   You can try dual before that, if you don't mind it being too quiet.  Your other  combo ideas sound good.