problem with two effects in one box (peach fuzz)

problem with two effects in one box (peach fuzz)

adapt
hi guys, a friend asked me to put a peachfuzz in a russian small stone and run the fuzz into the stone. one of the stipulations of this was that he wanted me to replace the 1/8"/3.5mm power adapter with a standard one.

when i fired up the effects, it absolutely torched the 10R resistor in line with the 9v rail on the peach fuzz board.

i think this is maybe because those 1/8" plugs are center-positive? could that be it?

thanks!

Re: problem with two effects in one box (peach fuzz)

Both circuits are probably drawing to much current for the limiting resistor to handle. You will probably need to increase the wattage rating of the resistor, or replace it with a jumper

Re: problem with two effects in one box (peach fuzz)

adapt
ahhhh, the frantone vibutron's 10R resistor is a 1W, so this is probably it, eh?