question about external clocks

notnews
I've been scratching down ideas for a delay, curating circuit snippets from a bunch of different effects to create something that fits my needs..

Tap-tempo is something I'm having a little trouble deciding which direction to take.

1) I can use one of those ATTiny circuits (or similar) and use a tap-tempo stomp switch
2) I can add a tap-tempo input jack to receive tempo signals from an external stomp switch (I still need the ATTiny but this route saves a little pedal- face real estate).. but this allows me to synchronize the delay pedal to other pedals.. using something like a Nose tap-tempo pedal that has three or four outputs and a single tap- stomp switch.

OR
3) I can do the opposite of that and use an external clock, something from Disaster Area maybe, and use that as my tap-tempo. This allows me to synchronize multiple effects, but also saves internal real estate as well as pedal-face real estate.

Now if I went that external clocking route, I would just connect that clock's output to wherever the ATTiny circuit's output was going to? Does an external clock like a Disaster area require any supporting circuitry that the ATTiny or similar internal clock needs?

Does anyone here use a Disaster Area with any of their DIY builds? I know their pedals come with 1/4" AND MIDI outputs, depending on which model you get. I like the idea of a global clock controlling all my time- based effects... but I don't know how that would actually realize itself in the sound of my rig.

Thanks for the input