rocket warned me,but i couldn't resist.

Re: rocket warned me,but i couldn't resist.

Hahaha. I can totally make that with a dead transistor. I see a new business venture, electronic component jewlery. IT'S BRILLIANT!!!

Re: rocket warned me,but i couldn't resist.

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
mmmm....i've already done this guys...two years ago with my girlfriend...BEFORE starting building effects!!!

and much much more of those...
we've destroyed my old pc and had that idea...

Re: rocket warned me,but i couldn't resist.

dbat69
Frank_NH wrote
Ha!  All your taunting won't make me crack!  No sir!  No way!  You can have your leaky germaniums...yeah...those misfit...odd...lovely...smooth sounding electronic jewels.  OOOOhhhh...WHERE CAN I GET SOME GERMANIUMS!!

...oops, ahem, sorry.
He he ... you see Frank you really do want to try some lovely Ge, with all the leaky goodness seeping into the circuit's crevices giving that warm, oozzzzing, jucy sound.  Aaannnnndddd they look soooooo much better than those plain, boxy, stumpy TO92 silli trannies.

Re: rocket warned me,but i couldn't resist.

bogey
hi guys, been away for a few days so this was my first chance to get back to you. Many thanks for the build suggestions i'll definitely look into them. Just to let you know I've just ordered some SFD106,SFD112 and D311 diodes(these seem to be popular choices). I'll report back my findings once they've arrived and I've had a chance to experiment. Oh and I've also resorted to ordering my germanium in the dead of night when the wife's in bed. It feels so wrong but I can't help myself.

Re: rocket warned me,but i couldn't resist.

dbat69
bogey wrote
Oh and I've also resorted to ordering my germanium in the dead of night when the wife's in bed. It feels so wrong but I can't help myself.
Ohh you're on the slippery slope to Ge addiction now - welcome to the club

Our friend in Bulgaria will be able to sort you out with your Ge desires
12