sansamp classic photos and demo

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
hi there guys!

this is my build report on this one.

i made my square hole like this. used a 2mm drill and made a lot of little holes round the square, the aluminium fell off. and with a dremel and a smoothing tip i managed to make it as it looks in the photo..not bad for a first square hole, but still not perfect...!!!!

still can't get a nice rich black toner transfer...damn...

guts

and finished

now the demo...

i've used this fantastic junk guitar, custom made by a machine it self!!

it has common unknown pick ups but on them there is a very rare hand made rust that delivers that vintage sound you hear.
the strings are 2013 original...yeah...i put them on myself...i can show you how i do it in an other tutorial...

enough with trolling now...

i think high pot is backwards too...i left it that way in mine.also dip switch 7 seems to me that it does nothing.
i remember reading somewhere in fsb that someone had the same issue with exactly this one.
i've used a dpdt on/on switch so i only have bass and lead options

anyway
here it is
enjoy!

Re: sansamp classic photos and demo

Frank_NH
Thanks for build report Savvas!  Cool video.

I'm just starting my build.  I've posted some notes on the Sansamp Classic thread, but to summarize what I'm going to do (using Alex's layout):

* Remove the 430K resistor in the power section to get 4.5V bias voltage with the 100K resistor voltage divider
* Remove the zener diodes - I don't see them doing anything
* Keep the 10K resistor mod for more output
* Use an OP275 dual op amp for the gain stages.  I really think the gain stages need a rail-to-rail op amp due to op amp clipping, so eventually I want to try a TLC2262.  The remaining stages are fine with the TL074 as they form the Sallen-Key filters and final tone shaping stage.

Re: sansamp classic photos and demo

alltrax74
Hi Franck, have you built it, how did it go ?

Nice buid Saavas and thanks for the report, this will probably be my next one on the list

Re: sansamp classic photos and demo

fx-fidden
The components side of the board is a bit a messy!
I can't get what layout you used.
I found this: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2015/10/tech-21-sansamp-classic.html
But it's larger than yours.

Thanks.
I build pedals

Re: sansamp classic photos and demo

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
This post was updated on .
yeap...you're right. i drew an other smaller layout based on Alex's layout that you posted
i wouldn't recommend this build though...i never really liked that overdrive. and believe me i tried to a lot of times....anyway.
here is my layout
some setting on the dip switch are not working. i guess it is dew to a schematic fault.

Re: sansamp classic photos and demo

fx-fidden
Thanks for reply!
I know there's some doubt about the available schematic of this circuit, I guess nobody built a really working version.
Someone says there's too highs, or too noises, or oscillating, etc... Even a kit I found (not tried) doesn't work perfectly or at the same way of the original pedal.
I build pedals

Re: sansamp classic photos and demo

aelling
ξεναγος νεκροπολης wrote
yeap...you're right. i drew an other smaller layout based on Alex's layout that you posted
i would recommend this build though...i never really liked that overdrive. and believe me i tried to a lot of times....anyway.
here is my layout
some setting on the dip switch are not working. i guess it is dew to a schematic fault.

Are you sure you have the DIP switch pin numbers correct? On the layout Alex drew the numbers are 1-8 on the bottom, 9-16 on top. Bottom row is off, top is on.

Anyway, I build the true bypass version Alex put up and found it had some errors in it (I mention them here, and it looks like you found the same ones), but once I changed those errors I compared it to an original SansAmp, and it was dead on a clone of the original (or as close as you gonna get anyway).

Re: sansamp classic photos and demo

fx-fidden
Cool, aelling!
No strange things with any controls? Or oscillating at high Gain/Treble settings, like a lot of (maybe averybody) of people?
I build pedals

Re: sansamp classic photos and demo

aelling
Nothing strange with the controls. It will oscillate on certain settings, but like it will on an original. I read you can use shielded wire for the in/output jack, or have a buffered pedal (like any BOSS) in front of it to help with that. A BOSS pedal in front works fine for me.