some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

MaheshSK
Who doesn't like some joe davisson circuitry.. Found these on my pc while cleaning up. here goes.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

Silver Blues
These are pretty cool. I like the Dual MOS and the compressor especially.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

MaheshSK
Yeah The Compressor looks exciting so does the obsidian.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

Frank_NH
I like that MOS overdrive.  Just wondering how that T-notch filter in the feedback loop of the op amp works.  I haven't seen that before...

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

MaheshSK
He sure did some things very different.. Pretty unique.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

doomkraft89
Don´t know if someone really asked for a layout.
But here is the Obsidian. I think it´s okey!
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

MaheshSK
 doomkraft89

MaheshSK
Thanks doomkraft..running low on mosfets need to buy some . will get building soon..

I Don´t know if I´m capable of doing the compressor.. Should the resistors marked with "threshold level" and "decay setting" replaces with pots? or is it set-and-forget?

I think it's up to you. As I understand it, just using the values marked on the schematic are good for general-purpose use.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

doomkraft89
Tought I will try and it came out okey. Easy to mod for threshold and decay pots if wanted..
I got the flu and is a bit dizzy. So I´m not 100% confident with this one. Will go thru all the layouts and maybe build some of them in the week.
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

I built the Dual/MOS over the weekend using my own vero layout (before DoomKraft89 posted his great layouts - thanks!).  I found it to be very bright and over-the-top gainy.  Not that it's a bad thing, but...  So, I decide to try redesigning it with just a single MOSFET gain stage, and a tone control tacked on at the end.  I'm still playing around with it, and will post the new layout if it comes to something.

I'm still trying to get a handle on MOSFET biasing.  It seems that these circuits bias the MOSFETs differently, and I want to understand how that impacts the gain.   An opportunity for learning something new...

Get well soon doomkraft.. thanks for the layouts.. inputs much appreciated frank.. care to post the layout.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

doomkraft89
Find some other "Joe-citcuit-layouts" on my computer. if someone don´t like FETS etc..  But who don´t?!

Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

MaheshSK wrote
Get well soon doomkraft.. thanks for the layouts.. inputs much appreciated frank.. care to post the layout.
Yes, I'll post it when I'm done with the redesign.  I'm adding some filtering to tame the brightness, and may also redo the mosfet bias using something a little more conventional.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

Frank_NH
By the way, go ahead and place these layouts in separate threads at the "Unverified" side of the "Contributions" section of the blog.  Once they're verified, they can go on the "Verified" side.

Re: some joe davisson circuits and circuit salad mosfet comp

doomkraft89
Yeah. I´l do that!
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.