swamp thang

strassercaster
I have made a couple of the swamp thangs off the layout here. Both builds and several other peoples builds have the same issue. When you turn the speed past 3 or 4 oclock the pulse led turns off. it dims at 3 and goes black at 330 to 530 . I was wondering if anyone may have a fix for this. I sold one to a friend and when i built it i tried several thing to no avail. He is still complaining and i dont have a fix. any ideas what can be done. I thing the original swamp thang did this as well and thats why they took the pulse led off