take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
i just wanted an one knob fuzz, but somewhere i made a mistake... things came out from nowhere and i couldn't figure what to do with all these... so i'm asking for your help in debugging this... here is a video of my build http://youtu.be/TVctpjw01d0 anyway... hope you laughed! this is a Devils Triangle Drone Synth and a Devils Drone Sequencer both in the same box both from paul in the lab. i fully redesigned the second veroboard though, cause it seemed too big for this idea. my vero was made "the wrong way" (wires almost everywhere on the board) but you'll see in the photos that i came with a really really small board with 3 14pin ics, 1 16pin ic and 2 8pin ics..enjoy! and i want to hear your impressions! photos Devils Triangle Drone Synth Devils Drone Sequencer board1 devils drone sequencer board 2 both and final

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

To be honest, that thing is so ridiculous it's re-DONK-ulous. It's crazy, I wouldn't think I would have been into it, but I think I'm actually going to have to build on of those. Fucking crazy awesome.

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

Vince
'Turn my pitch up, smack my bitch up'!......

I'm off to listen to The Prodigy now....

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
thanks guys!!
yeah it's crazy rocket!
i always stick with this when i plug it in and "play" for hours!
i was never a synth guy but i said why not building it?i have the components and i like to solder!!

and vince...
prodigy was the first thing i thought when a fired it up!

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

Kinski
Very cool. Any chance you could post your smaller vero layout for this?

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

Heath
This one is on my build list!  When I saw Paul's layout and video I knew I had to build it.  I just got the chips for it, so hopefully this weekend.

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

Heath
ξεναγος νεκροπολης wrote
i just wanted an one knob fuzz, but somewhere i made a mistake...
Dude, your sense of humor cracks me up.

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

Kinski
Already built the Drone Devil for a relative for the holidays. I want to build another one for myself, along with the sequencer, and maybe a delay, fuzz, etc in one box. With an internal speaker, and a little chip amp.

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
ofcourse mate!i'll upload the layout tomorrow cause i'm in work now.
it has lots of wires over the components and ics as you can see in the pictures, but it's not so hard as it looks.

nothing of this would ever be done if paulinthelab didn't inspired me with his fantastic ideas and work

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

Kinski
Right on! Thanks! And yeah, Paul has got a ton of great stuff on his site.

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

fenderguy79
This is really weird, but so awesome!! I want to build one!

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης

this is it guys.
i drew it just for me with only thing in mind small board size, so i didn't put labels.
pots,switches and some other wires are coming from the middle of the board so having paul's schem and  layout opened in a window will help you find which is which. i've build it twice so it's verified.
have fun!

Re: take your pills and seat tight...oscillation!!!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
and ic 4017 is up side down!!!!!!!!