technical question about deleting/eliminating potentiometers

technical question about deleting/eliminating potentiometers

strassercaster
hello i just built a marshall shredmaster but i modded it to be a visual sound Hyde. i had a couple  issues but now its all good. However i am trying to squeeze this into a 125b and have a battery. Alsotthe hyde doesnt have a bass knob. i want the three tone knobs to be eliminated. for the bass i only have two wires i assume i just. remove the pot and place a resistor value taken from the pot setting ??? in this case. a hyde has a 68k resistor and i checked  the pot at 68k it is perfect.so how do i remove the mid and treble pots . there are three wires. i dont want to short anything. i assume ill have to tie the wiper (middle?) too one of the others and then solder an appropriate resistor between them. i could just expiriment but this has chips and i dont have replacements. so id like to at leasthave some advice . thank you in advance 😄😄😄😄

Re: technical question about deleting/eliminating potentiometers

Synsound
There is a good chance I'm wrong but it would sound logical to me to:
Find the setting you want
Measure the resistance from lug 1 and 2
Replace with appropriate resistor
Then do the same from lug 2 to 3
I can't imagine this would hurt/ fry anything as they are just tone controls.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I can't imagine this would hurt/ fry anything as they are just tone controls.
This is exactly correct.

Re: technical question about deleting/eliminating potentiometers

motterpaul
Set the pot where you want it, and then carefully remove it from the circuit (without changing where it is set) before you make the measurements - be sure you remember which lug is which.

thank you all very much ill try ot this weekend . i pretty much like the contour on zero the trebel on. zero and the base at 2 oclock which is just like the hyde right around 68k .

Re: technical question about deleting/eliminating potentiometers

induction
For any pot that is wired as a voltage divider (3 terminals), if you want it permanently at max or min, you can replace it with a single resistor of the same value. Just put one side where lug 1 is supposed to go and the other side where lug 3 is supposed to go. Then wire the 'wiper' to one side or the other, depending on the setting you want. You might have to experiment to find the correct side. I don't have the schematic for this circuit, so I can't take a guess.