univox unidrive

Vince
This post was updated on .
Would be a nice addition. There are layouts around for it but with standing resistors etc and are quite messy (in my opinion). Creepy fingers do a clone of it called 'doomidrive'. They have put a 'bottom' control on theirs thought which would be a cool addition. I've built a uni drive and they're excellent for really heavy doom boost. Would be great with a bottom control though.

The Doomidrive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymRNQ9YUvBk

Schematic

http://www.univox.org/pics/schematics/unidrive.gif

Re: univox unidrive

mirosol
Administrator
Seems simple enough. I'm just not feeling comfortable with rotary switches.. Mark? For your que?
fyaelectronics.com

Re: univox unidrive

Vince
I've just noticed it's a rotary. I don't fancy that either to be honest. I've never seen a uni drive with a rotary. May be wise to forget that schematic then.

This was the one I used

Re: univox unidrive

Effectsiation
I just came in to request this one, and was hoping there could be 2 versions posted. One with the rotary and one just pre-selected for guitar (in other threads I've seen 1M mentioned: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36273.0)

Re: univox unidrive

Vince
I've built the one I posted and it sounds as it should. It is a huge, fat boost which sound better on the dirt channel in my opinion. I suppose what I was looking for is a bottom knob added to control the amount of bass like the Creepy Fingers version.

Re: univox unidrive

zosotone
Really nice project! How can I control the tone? switching the input cap maybe?

Re: univox unidrive

johnk
I drew my own vero up for it (with no standup resistors) and IMO, it's a great booster. instead of the 7 position rotary, I used a pot (which does the same thing but is completely variable instead of selectable.

in pedal (not treadle) form, the 2K 'range' pot is also unnecessary since it only adjusts the volume of the lowest position of the treadle. i used NOS 2SC859's in mine from smallbear. some people have used 2N5089's and an MPSA18 but I think the original trannys sound better (I tried both). don't know about the bass control knob mod but I would assume that it pans between caps on the input coupling cap, but since I use mine with a bass, I prefer the low end that it has stock.

Re: univox unidrive

Vince
That sounds like just the ticket, John. I would love to have a go at your layout if you wouldn't mind sharing it?

Thanks.

Re: univox unidrive

johnk

Re: univox unidrive

Vince
Cheers, John.

Re: univox unidrive

Vince
John, I've just cut all the tracks and links then realised they do not match up to the populated board?

Re: univox unidrive

johnk
sorry about that.
here's the correct one

On 8/1/2013 8:23 AM, Vince [via Guitar FX Layouts] wrote:
John, I've just cut all the tracks and links then realised they do not match up to the populated board?

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/univox-unidrive-tp240p5230.html
To unsubscribe from univox unidrive, click here.
NAML

01-UnidriveV2.VERO!!!.png (112K) Download Attachment

Re: univox unidrive

johnk
oops. the blank board part of that layout was from a previous version that needed an external jumper.
here's the correct one:

sorry about that Vince!........

Re: univox unidrive

johnk
you cab still use the one you have, just install a jumper on it like this:

Re: univox unidrive

Vince
No worries John, I should of checked before diving in. Thanks for the quick response!

Excellent, I'll just add the jumper on this one then, Cheers