vero layout advice

andy-h-h
Hello

I've been playing with this for a bit, and thought I would ask around for advice.  I was struggling to get power to the layout without running across a lot of signal paths and/or generally taking up a lot of space.  So I thought I might take power off the board.  Any thoughts on this?  Good idea, bad idea?

And yes I have a lot of extra cuts and I may be a little OCD about getting the cuts to line up...   I like it this way, don't judge me

side note:  does anyone else have to reset their password every time they login?

Re: vero layout advice

Zanius
Sure, knock yourself out with the power daughter board! You will just have to mess around with more cables in your box.

We are ocd-friendly around here, if you can build something that takes a logical amount of space and fits in an enclosure, you may draw it as you like. Plus, building bigger and less cluttered boards will help debugging, and if this is the first schematic you draw into vero, you most likely are looking into some serious debugging :)

Good luck with it, hope you get it fired up!

Re: vero layout advice

andy-h-h
Well after a bit of manoeuvring I managed to get it all on the one board....    and managed to find a mistake along the way, so going well now.

Will post after I've built it and tested it.   If anyone is tempted, do not use the layout above - it will not work.

I have done a few layouts, as for or some reason I like making my own, even when they are plenty available.  I sometimes do have power on a daughter board just so I can have a single point to connect all the ground connections to and big capacitors can take up too much room on layouts.