wampler black 65 tone stack

crw414
Hi , I've recently finished building the black 65 and while I love the overall tone , I find the tone stack to be too subtle. I had to use a 20k for treble instead of 25k [ could this be the issue ?] otherwise everything is as it should be , the treble and mids are reasonably responsive but the bass is almost non-existant. I've checked and re-soldered all connections and am considering putting sockets on the board for the 2n2 and 220n caps so I can experiment. Any idea which cap or value will help the bass ? Lowering to say 100n or raising to 300 or 400n ? Any advice is gratefully appreciated.

Re: wampler black 65 tone stack

crw414
ok , so it seems I've solved my own problem.I figured I'd socket the 2x 220n caps first as I found 2 panasonic red caps in my box which would suit. It seems either of the 2 box caps I used was a dud or out of spec [ I'm not sure how to measure capacitance ] , the circuit just liked the red caps better or possibly there was a bridge somewhere that I corrected as I re-solderd the sockets. Now I have enough bass and a heap more gain so it sounds just like the demos now.