what is this pedal? which pedal can do this? new game.

what is this pedal? which pedal can do this? new game.

tabbycat
thought this might be useful idea for a thread.

interesting sounds heard in random places for which information about the effect(s) used is not given or known.
question being: which pedals can get me to this place (with a primary emphasis on diy builds available here)?

bring what you've found and are curious about. chip in if you have a good idea about how to get it.

will start...

between 3m30s to 4m30s. red hot overdriven stack, hint of octavia, shinei univibe or phaser, cocked wah? any other or better ideas?

from 2m45s to end, deep dark and supersaturated fuzz. muff mutant, pharaoh or musket? other?

any takers?

Re: what is this pedal? which pedal can do this? new game.

cjonesplay
The soundclip in the movie is Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock. He's just playing octaves on guitar through his Univibe at this point, but he does use a wah later in the song.  The second one could be any of the million iterations of fuzz. Not sure it really matters - a Muff would get you into that territory, as would a Woolly Mammoth. I like the Fuzz War for this sound.