where do you get your coloured copper clad PCBs for etching?

where do you get your coloured copper clad PCBs for etching?

Sensei Tim
i'm sick of looking at that puke-ish yellow-green FR4 on my pcbs. i want colour. red, blue, black, etc.

Where do you guys get your coloured copper clad?

Re: where do you get your coloured copper clad PCBs for etching?

PMowdes
Do you mean what suppliers make different colour Pcb's or am I missing something?

Osh Park make awesome purple ones,  elecrow do white,  yellow, red, blue and maybe some other colours.

Re: where do you get your coloured copper clad PCBs for etching?

Sensei Tim
i'm looking for the raw copper clad to do my own etching.

Re: where do you get your coloured copper clad PCBs for etching?

I've never seen a colored copper clad board before. The color that you see on commercial PCBs is called the solder mask and it is not used on undeveloped boards as far as I'm aware.

I have spray-painted boards before though. What I do is stick a piece of tape to the bottom so that the copper side doesn't get any paint, but the top and side edges get painted.

Re: where do you get your coloured copper clad PCBs for etching?

Sensei Tim

I know it exists. i've seen other people use it, but i'v never been able to find any at a reasonable price.

Re: where do you get your coloured copper clad PCBs for etching?

Whaaa that's pretty cool! Now that I think of it I seem to remember some Creepy Fingers pedals that used colored boards like those. Sorry, I'm not much help!

Re: where do you get your coloured copper clad PCBs for etching?

Ciaran Haslett

Re: where do you get your coloured copper clad PCBs for etching?

Sensei Tim
not in the US, but close enough!

Thanks i'll look into them. only saw black and blue on their site, though.

Do most DIY pcbs use 1oz copper?  2oz copper sounds like it might be too much.