wiring for two in one

matthassall
Hi all, first time posting. I've got about 20 builds under my belt including a few 2 in 1's. I'm looking at building myself a wah but as the enclosures are so expensive I'm thinking of 2 separate boards using the same pot and jacks and power supply but switchable via a toggle, is this possible and if so how would I wire it?

cheers in advance

Re: wiring for two in one

PMowdes

wire the 9v and gnd to each board as normal

Use a DPDT (on/on) switch

Input from jack to lug 2,
Lug 1 to Input A (Board)
Lug 3 to Input (B Board)

Output A (Board) to lug 4
Output B (Board) to lug 6
Lug 5 to Output jack

When you throw the switch one way it connects input A and Output A to input & output jacks, and the other way it connects input B and Output B to input & output jacks

Have a look at the perc / jerc layout in the smd / hybrid section of contributions, it uses the same arrangement.

Re: wiring for two in one

PMowdes

Re: wiring for two in one

PMowdes

Re: wiring for two in one

PMowdes

Actually thinking about it that's not quite right, the input and output need to go to the 3pdt main stomp, not the input output jacks, duh!!

You could do the circuit switching with an additional  2pdt or 3pdt stomp switch or a toggle

Re: wiring for two in one

matthassall
that's awesome thanks, and if I wanted 2 boards but just one foot switch (looking at adding a one knob boost to my wah) would I just daisy chain the 9v and ground and take the wah output to the boost input? thanks

Re: wiring for two in one

Neil mcNasty
Here is a nice addition that I use for wiring 2 boards in the same enclosure to prevent any power issues...

Re: wiring for two in one

matthassall
I will definitely include this, thanks. I take the output from the wah goes to the input of the boost?