working rangemaster, low volume in bypass mode

working rangemaster, low volume in bypass mode

joejoe
Hi,

I built a Dallas rangemaster from tonefiend's schematic and it works great.  Love the sound.

But in bypass mode the volume is cut by a third.

I thought it was my switch wiring, so I changed it, replaced the switch and still get the vol decrease in bypass mode.  I tried another amp, same thing.

My "rig" consists of the pedal I just made so it ain't another pedal in the chain.  Both cables sound fine by themselves plugged straight into the amp.

Here's a gut shot.  The yellow jumper wire on the switch was cut by me just to see if that was the issue.  It wasn't.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Re: working rangemaster, low volume in bypass mode

joejoe
Fixed it!  Turns out the input jack was bad.  Never seen that before.  First I replaced the switch and that didn't work.  Then I replaced the input jack and it works fine.