1/4" Jack sockets

popov56
Given that space in some enclosures is a bit limited do any of you use the 'open frame' Neutrik or Switchcraft 1/4" sockets?

http://uk.farnell.com/neutrik/nys229/socket-1-4-jack-panel-mono/dp/4632655

All the plastic bodied ones seem a bit flimsy and I've melted the plastic on some when I've been soldering the lugs. I use the Switchcraft open ones on all my guitars and have never had any problem with them, even over decades.

Popov

Re: 1/4" Jack sockets

Milkit
Yep, these are pretty much the tits! For super small enclosures, you can stagger their positions. See it on many SHO builds.
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: 1/4" Jack sockets

Yeah, I don't think I've ever used the enclosed ones... the open-frame ones are so much better. The plastic ones take up way more space than necessary, IMO.

--Silvie

Re: 1/4" Jack sockets

tonecut
Open-frame or bust! :)