1 Knob Noise Gate

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Neil mcNasty
The Cuircuit does not have a "pop preventing" resistor in it's design, so if you add a 1M resistor from the Input to Ground, you will get rid of the switching pops...

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Addy Bart
Nice one Neil. Giving this a go tomorrow. Cheers!

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Teddeeh
Im getting a huge suck in tone when this is engaged. T only works at the end of the sweep on both scheme 2 and 3 and a huge cut in high end when its actually gating. Thoughts??

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

motterpaul
orientation of transistor?

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 2:17 PM, Teddeeh [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Im getting a huge suck in tone when this is engaged. T only works at the end of the sweep on both scheme 2 and 3 and a huge cut in high end when its actually gating. Thoughts??

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/1-Knob-Noise-Gate-tp16440p42945.html
To unsubscribe from 1 Knob Noise Gate, click here.
NAML

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Teddeeh
All pinouts correct. Bc549c’s and bs170

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

motterpaul
This circuit worked immediately for me. I suggest you just double check all your component values and orientation. Once you get this it is very good circuit

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018, 2:20 AM Addy Bart [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks motterpaul - I’ll try it through my amp next time.

I tried messing around with the cap values in the hope I could soften the switching but no joy. Guess a gate with an attack pot is what I need.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/1-Knob-Noise-Gate-tp16440p41933.html
To unsubscribe from 1 Knob Noise Gate, click here.
NAML

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Plig88
I make reply because I don’t know how to post :p . So I make the borrato layout , and I add to input 1M resistor to the ground  for pop preventing .. . I tried with 25k pot but not work as I want . The 50k work better but cut the clean sound ... so I open the 50k pot and I scratch it  perimeter the resistor inside , the pot were done 65k . And after I put from input of noise gate , a Klon buffer ( tl072) ... works  great 👍...for testing I add 3 distortion pedal in line and cut the buzzer noise when the pot is in the 3oclock ..

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

fx-fidden
I built on PCB a Fortin Zuul, and it was really really great, but of course it's more complicated, expensive and larger than this one.
How work this small noise gate?
It's could be cool to use it as daugther board into an high gain pedal.

Plig88, I didn't understand what exactly you did with the pot. And you just put the Klon buffer before the noise gate?
Thanks.
I build pedals

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Plig88
For increase the resistance of pot . Do perimeter scratch with scissor or knife . Very carefully . And the buffer is on the input   of noise gate

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Plig88
A little update .. I make fault with values .. the project of noise gate work with klon buffer on inside of Noisegate and the pot of noise gate  is 500k ... works great ..!!!

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

fx-fidden
Cool. But this last comment had confuse me, again. SOrry, but what do you mean with "the klon buffer on inside" of noise gate?
A quick sketch of the schematic or the layouts will be nice!
I build pedals

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

motterpaul

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

fx-fidden
Thanks, I have it.
My doubt is about the connection with the Klon buffer.
I build pedals

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Plig88
After a lot!! Of test for the simplest noise gate ...
For my last opinion I use booster instead of buffer for one reason , the reason is the clean channel when insert in to noise gate without booster , the signal appear very very fast ,,, so my final board is —-* input—> mini bomb booster —> one knob noise gate —> output .....
But remember at the mini bomb may use trimpot 1M . And clockwise at 10-12 o’clock .. and for noise gate the pot must be something between 470k and 1M :p ..... I make my pot about 700kohms with one simple trick and works great !!!! Take a 470k or 500k pot . Open it . And you see a pcb board with 3 terminals . On the 1st and 3rd . Connecting with a ceramic piece like a wreath.. that is the resistanse of pot.. so take a small blade and start to scratching peripheral ( outside and inside .. a little bit at the time , after check with multimeter . You must make the pot about 650k - 750k .... guys believe me works great ... I put it on chassis and I make video to see ,,,

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Plig88
For the setting of pot booster I make this . I download to my phone a decibel app . I make test sound with my amp without noisegate and after I make the same test with the noise gate and clock wise the trimpot when the becibel values it’s the same before ...  ps today I try the boosters trimpot with 470kohm value and work great .. 1M or 470k for booster :)

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Plig88

Re: 1 Knob Noise Gate

Plig88
I try for noise gate pot the 470 kohm but the threshold it’s too little . I must put over the 2 o’clock for work ,,, so the solution is reduce the volume from pedals behind noisegate or transform a 470k pot into 700k.. ps the trick for reduce resistance with parallel resistors it’s not work here because the noise gate  pot use the 3-2 tip and the 1... so you can’t make a 1M into 700 with resistor...
123