1590G plus battery?

M. Spencer
I've been scratching my head over this one.  Trying to fit a mojo-y Em Drive with a battery into a 1590G and just can't get the layout right.
Had anyone successfully fit a battery into one of these?

Re: 1590G plus battery?

The only way I could possibly see this working is if you find some tiny 1/8" jacks and make adapter cables.

Even then it will be tight, because you are forced to lay the battery down flat and long-ways in the enclosure. You'd have to put the footswitch in the small space next to the battery (easier with mini 3PDT). Then you'd have to cram the jacks, pots, and circuit up in the space that's left up top. Between the pots, jacks, and the shallow enclosure, not much room for "mojo"

If anyone can do it, it's you! Count me out though :P

Re: 1590G plus battery?

motterpaul
The Em-Drive is tiny enough to fit up against one of the short walls. If you leave out the socket for the transistor and use caps you can lay down sideways you might make it.

Also - I have been using these guitar jacks, and they are cheap and very solid. I get them on eBay from China. I have never had a problem with one - except maybe needing a little flux to make the solder stick.

Re: 1590G plus battery?

That's fine for a 1590B

The OP is asking about a 1590G with battery. It's not going to fit with those jacks, and the board won't fit against the walls, particularly with "mojo" components specified in the OP

Re: 1590G plus battery?

Muadzin
Does the OP actually wants to use batteries? Or is this a case of I've always included battery provisions so this is how it should be? I used to include battery snaps in my own builds for a long time, until I realized the only reason I did so was because I had learned to do so building BYOC kits. But I actually had never used batteries in them. After that battery snaps and room for batteries were a thing of the past.

Re: 1590G plus battery?

M. Spencer
I don't often use batteries, but for one off gigs where I don't want to bring my ridiculous board as just want a few things,  batteries can come in handy. Plus the instant gratification when you just want to plug it in and let 'er rip :)

In the end I'm trying to keep pedal building a fun exercise , and cramming that battery into the 1590G is decidedly not fun. 1590b it is!