20W TDA2005 Poweramp

Rock Glenn
http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/tda2005-power-audio.php

I understand the power supply would need some serious current carrying capabilities, but paired with the right pre amp this could be a fun project. Also, splitting your signal into two different pre-amps and sending it through as a stereo signal would be an even more fun project.

The chips can be had cheap. would need large heat sinks, but if (like me) you have a capable power supply in your garage, it could be worth a build. I noticed that this site doesn't have any power amps with this much power.

Thoughts?
www.reverberation.com/rockglenn

Re: 20W TDA2005 Poweramp

Kinski

Re: 20W TDA2005 Poweramp

edo1123
I'm going to buy one of these. I think you've already bought one so what is the "mute" connection? Is it something like a connection for a volume pot?

Re: 20W TDA2005 Poweramp

Rock Glenn
Holy crap, you've opened up an entire new world to me. Thank you.

www.reverberation.com/rockglenn

Re: 20W TDA2005 Poweramp

Rock Glenn
If I were to go larger and use something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-TDA7293-100W-100W-Stereo-Audio-Power-Analogue-Amplifier-Board-Module-1K7J-/131736346041?hash=item1eac191db9:g:vAIAAOSwWTRWzssB

Would it be necessary to add a choke after the transformer. I'm uneasy about this one, sending the AC directly to the board, but the possibility of the high power I'm loving. Plus I have the perfect power transformer kicking around out of an old Peavey amp.

also the stereo feature is pretty important to me.
www.reverberation.com/rockglenn

Re: 20W TDA2005 Poweramp

You wouldn't use a choke to supply this with AC. The eBay description says 12-36VAC

Re: 20W TDA2005 Poweramp

Kinski
Hey Rock, happy to help!Edo, not sure about the mute pads, I've never used it. I just left them as they are. Probably use a switch there if you want the ability to mute.

Re: 20W TDA2005 Poweramp

parrosa
Hi, i've built the tda7375 and the mute/std by connects to +vcc.

Re: 20W TDA2005 Poweramp

parrosa
Hi, i took the tda7375 (30W) and built the double bridge circuit http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/T/D/A/7/TDA7375.shtml

the power supply is 4*18650 battery in series (16-14volt), both inputs connect to the output of a RC booster pedal and i have a portable amp!!!! very easy and few components ;)

it doesnt play louder than drums, but plays jazz and such styles that don't demand high db.