3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

inefficiency
Cool, will do!

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

just got mine today, they look freaking fantastic. going to definitely use them in my next build. should take like 45min off my build time. thanks man. i may have to order more

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

Stinger25
Thanks rocket,
Glad you like them!

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

motterpaul
How do you hook up the LED and CLR that are on the PCB if you do NOT run +9 to the PCB? I bought 50 of these and I cannot figure out how the CLR/LED is supposed to work.

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

Stinger25
the CLR connects to led cathode so the actual connection is this:

9V-------|>|--------CLR----------GND

it works since the current in every part of the line is the same.

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

motterpaul
Thanks - I am somewhat new at this - what is the |>| ?

I still don't understand, sorry.

On 8/20/2014 1:13 PM, Stinger25 [via Guitar FX Layouts] wrote:
the CLR connects to led cathode so the actual connection is this:

9V-------|>|--------CLR----------GND

it works since the current in every part of the line is the same.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/3PDT-true-bypass-wiring-pcb-s-tp6496p12532.html
To unsubscribe from 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's, click here.
NAML

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

motterpaul
I'm sorry to sound troublesome here... but being a noob at this I get "thrown a loop" when I encounter something I didn't expect.

I do know that logically it is supposed to work the same whether you have the CLR before or after the LED and the 9v power source, but I encountered problems when I tried to do it this way, for some reason, I am not sure why, but it just never worked..

In any case - I am wondering if there is a way to SWAP some of the holes on this PCB as marked in order to put the CLR in front of the LED? Like what if you ran 9v to the hole marked LED - which then would feed the CLR and then you tie the other end of the CLR to the actual LED(+) and then send the other side of the LED to GND?

Would it be unwise to bring the Voltage to the PCB, perhaps making the circuit oscillate? Or would it work fine?

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

motterpaul
This post was updated on .
WAIT A MINUTE --  I just thought of something. If you use the PCB as labeled, with the LED coming before the CLR then which end of the LED do you connect to the PCB?  Negative or positive?

I think I just found the answer - and what I was doing wrong:

I need to connect the + (pos.) side of the LED to the PCB. The signal chain is +9v to -|>|+ to PCB (LED hole). Is that correct? According to this picture that is what he is doing (assuming the flat side of the LED is negative)

[note, I had this reversed and just edited it]

No,
You have to connect the flat side of the LED to the pcb. The other side goes to 9V.

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

inefficiency
I got my PCBs yesterday. Really surprised with how fast the shipping was!

Great service from Stinger and really high quality PCBs. I thought they looked quite thin in some of the pictures, but they're nice and thick and sturdy.

Really happy with the whole transaction.

Moving house just now, so not much building happening and my internet access is limited. As soon as I get everything moved I will post a gutshot ASAP! My new workshop will be the first thing I want to get set up in my new place, so it won't take long.

Thanks again, mate!

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

motterpaul
I just want to let you know (and for other noobies who might be interested) the "key" when LEDs are turned around is this...

1) keep the + side of the LED towards the +9 voltage. So, if the LED comes between the power source and CLR then you want to connect the + side of the LED to +v (+9v, whatever, at the power source)... and then connect the LED (-) side) to the CLR and then connect that ground.

You will see people saying "It doesn't matter which side of the LED the CLR is on - but it DOES matter, what matters in that you connect the (+) side of the LED to +V - and then if the CLR is connected on the other side (the (- side of the LED), it goes to ground.

You really have not changed anything, except which side of the LED the CLR "appears" to be on - but the circuit is still the same: +9 - +|LED|-  CLR - ground.

Sorry for the confusion, but this had me confused for a long time as well.

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

Stinger25
Thanks guys!
Paul,
I did that quick diagram, what do you think?
Hope it'll be handy

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

motterpaul
Thanks Stinger - I think it is a great idea for people like me who have struggled with learning this stuff.

It's tough to be a newbie, but you know I am 60 years old and know and have accomplished a lot. It's a humbling experience but we newbies are always grateful when someone takes the extra step to help us on our journey to conquer new knowledge.

We learn by our mistakes - and I do understand why people who already know things can deal with "assumptions" - but you would be surprised how much discrepancy is out there where "basic knowledge" is concerned.

This is great Stinger, now I know exactly what needs to be connected to the foot switch for ground. Thank you.

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

jwroper
Hi, I'll take 50 of these if they're still available?

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

Stinger25
Sure jwroper,
sent you an email

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

iggy
Hey Stinger,

just got my order. look great. now i'm actually excited about boxing my next effect up. Thanks

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

2liveis2die
Any of theese left? im interested in 5 of um.

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

dexxyy
I`ll take 50 of these if you got them left
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: 3PDT true bypass wiring pcb's

Stinger25
Sent you an email!
1234