6,35mm Stereo jack with 5 connections ???

6,35mm Stereo jack with 5 connections ???

Thelonious
This post was updated on .
Hi,
I bought a 6.35mm stereo jack enclosed.
The one I received is a bit different from the photo on the website. There are 5 connections on it. (marked 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 8), and I don't know what these connections match.
Where is the Tip and the Ring (1 is sleeve), and what are the others connections ?
Here 2 links to show the Stereo jack that I received :

http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=14/38/7347.jpg

http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=14/38/cozc.jpg

And I received a 6.35mm mono jack enclosed, with the same connections, but only the 1 - 2 - 3 , not the 4 and 8.
Thanks for your help.

Edit : it's a Stereo jack enclosed WITH switch like this one, but no idea what connection is ring or tip :
http://www.musikding.de/63mm-Stereo-jack-with-switch

Re: 6,35mm Stereo jack with 5 connections ???

Chris60601
This is the closest I came dong a quick  search. Probably not what you are looking for but might help

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1-4-Stereo-Enclosed-Active-Guitar_1649933908.html

Or maybe even this

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/18/55010635000111-241588.pdf

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: 6,35mm Stereo jack with 5 connections ???

cylens
just plug a cord with trs plugs and check with your DMM continuity test which pin in which

Re: 6,35mm Stereo jack with 5 connections ???

Thelonious
Thanks.

Re: 6,35mm Stereo jack with 5 connections ???

motterpaul
I am not at home, so just guessing, but...

It sounds like it could be a switch made to be "normalled" = meaning it acts like it is not there when nothing is plugged in, but becomes active when a cable is inserted. When empty some of the connections  are working, and when you insert a cable some of those connections are broken and different ones become active.

This would be common in a TRS "insert" jack for a loop, for example.