A Little confirmation.. ;)

beardy80
Hey guys,
I'm pretty new to pedal building and have been running into a few problems. One thing that I'd like a bit of clarity on is when you have something like "to Gain 2&3".
Can I run a single cable from the board and solder the end to both pins 2 and 3 (as below)? Or do I need to run two cables?
If anyones got a pic to clear this up it would be great.
Cheers,
Rich

Re: A Little confirmation.. ;)

JaviCAP
Administrator
You don't need two wires, just do it like the picture.

If you're a bit lazy (like me) you can too just solder the lug 2 and forget about the other one. Youl'll always be asked to wire 1-2 or 2-3. Just wire lug 2, and you're finished :)

BR

Re: A Little confirmation.. ;)

beardy80
Cheers for that, makes sense :)

Re: A Little confirmation.. ;)

Madferret
Another trick is to using a leftover resistor leg you've trimmed off and wrap it around both pins and just solder it on. Javi's right though there's no problem with just soldering just the two pins.

Re: A Little confirmation.. ;)

When I can be bothered doing it I just strip extra insulation off the wire, wrap round one pin then the other and let the wire make the link.

Re: A Little confirmation.. ;)

alltrax74
What I do is use a plier to bend 2 and 3 together and align both holes in which i pass the wire and solder it
Very easy