A little bit of help needed

Jtah4682
Hey, guys! I'm trying to build this Friedman Golden Pearl overdrive based on this layout by lvlark at tagboardeffects. I've already wired and soldered everything according to his layout and I'm left with the part on the DPDT switches.

Is there any way that we can use SPDT switches instead of DPDT (without changing the layout because I've already wired everything in)? If yes, how do I go about wiring it? And if no, is there any modifications I can do with a veroboard to make it work with an SPDT? Sorry if it's a stupid question hahaha really new to this!

Re: A little bit of help needed

Jtah4682

Re: A little bit of help needed

rockola
Wire one SPDT for pins 1-3 and another for 4-6, and flip them at the same time. Note that if your SPDTs are ON-ON instead of ON-OFF-ON, you won't be able to get the middle position effect.

Re: A little bit of help needed

Zanius
***EDIT*** Sorry, didn't notice that the switches are on/off/on. With the solution described below you can only have the On/On function..

Well, it's actually possible for this situation but it's gonna get a bit messy.

I'll explain the "Hi cut switch".
So, using a spdt, the left column of the switch stays as is with the difference that both caps are: Left side soldered to the switch, right side both connected to "Hi cut sw 5" on the board. That way your signal travels through one of the caps for each switch position and back to the board as it is supposed to.

The same goes for the clipping switch, you choose with the spdt at witch diode network the signal will flow throuh and both networks' end leads directly to "gain 1", where pin5 of the dpdt would be connected.

Ah, better draw it. Here.

Hope that helps!

Re: A little bit of help needed

Jtah4682
Wow thanks for the elaborate help Zanius! So you're saying that the solution you provided would work as an on/on function. But if my spdt is an on/off/on type, can I still get it to work as an on/off/on instead of just on/on?

Re: A little bit of help needed

Zanius
Sadly no, I don't think so. At least not without using even more parts and components. If you want to achieve all three positions, getting some dpdts is the best solution.

Re: A little bit of help needed

Jtah4682
I see. Alright got it! Thanks a lot bro! You helped a bunch!