A note of Thanks..

gravedancer
I've never joined a forum before but I wanted to express my appreciation to the owners and contributors to this fantastic site. A year ago I probably wouldn't have been able to identify a resistor, capacitor, transistor etc. in a pile of components, Amazingly over the last 6 months I've been able to build over 30 working circuits. The last 5 or 6 actually fired up on the first try, a great feeling :). Old dogs can learn new tricks (though admittedly at a slower pace with a greater effort lol).

Only about half of them have been boxed up so far. Most of them I give to my son as he is a prolific home recorder and plays out about once a week.He has aspirations of someday making a living at music so its my way of contributing to the cause ( actually I'm hoping if he does make it and gets a bigtime recording contract he'll remember his poor old dad slaving away under the hot soldering iron lol). You can hear him using the fuzz factory I made for him at http://ghostvoice1.bandcamp.com/  the fuzz factory part starts about half way through at about 3 minutes or so.

I don't think I'll be able to contribute much about electronics as I'm way behind most if not everyone here but I've been around guitars (and amps ) for over 40 years and been fortunate enough to see many great guitarist in their prime. Roy Buchanan,Ry Cooder,John McLaughlin, Michael Hedges, Andre Segovia,Frank Zappa, Hubert Sumerlin, Otis Rush and many more. Hopefully I'll be able to ad a tidbit of helpful info sometime.

Again a big THANK YOU to all that make this site possible!

Re: A note of Thanks..

Thanks for your post, and glad you're enjoying the site and have had good results in a lot of the circuits. Thanks for linking the clip

Re: A note of Thanks..

That's all so great to hear man. That's what we're here for, come on in and make yourself comfortable

Re: A note of Thanks..

Agreed. Welcome. I don't mean to speak for everyone, but I'm sure when I say were glad to have you here no one would disagree. Its always nice to have a positive person here.

I can tell you that I had the same feeling of not being able to contribute at the beginning, but the more I built and the more I learned I've been able to not only contribute but design my own circuits. It comes with time.

Re: A note of Thanks..

You sound a lot like me!

Most of my builds are for my son to use with his band, and in his studio. Even when I build one for myself, he usually ends up "borrowing" it...

Welcome, and keep enjoying your builds.

Re: A note of Thanks..

gravedancer
Thanks all for the kind welcome and encouraging words. Much appreciated.