AMT Legend serie 2

alltrax74
Any one interested in drawing big high gain vero layouts ?
These AMT pedals really do sound great.

Here is the topic on FSB : http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26365&hilit=amt+legend
And the layouts :
- Full layout including clean channel, cab sim & drive out, high gain (generic) and power section
http://www.freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=26906&mode=view
- High gain sections for E2, K2, S2, B2 & D2
http://www.freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=26943&mode=view

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
yeah!

i would love to draw some!
just give me a couple of days....

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

alltrax74

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
hi mate.
i've read the discussion in fsb, and i can't find the components values for high gain section. on the schem they are like R17P and C25P. any ideas?
i'm talking about this
http://www.freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=26883&mode=view

maybe i'm missing something, but i can't start drawing with no values.

any input would be great

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

Alex

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
my bad...i thought those where still on discussion and not verified...i'll give it a try asap...

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

Alex
I don't know if the project is verified.
I think the whole thing is still on discussion.

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

alltrax74
You have the values for each pedal on the last link in my first post.

By the way I built the B1 from Johnk's layout on the main section, it sounds huuuuge

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.fr/2012/04/amt-b1-legend.html

http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/Effects/Fuzz-ODs/AMT/B1_Legend_Vero.png

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
hi guys!
that's my take on the "part one" of this pedal...
it didn't turn out as beautiful as i wanted...but...

i'll try to draw the high gain sections in the next 2-3 days.

also, in the schem, there is a link from the base of bc847 to the cabsim out jack, that i don't show in the layout.

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

alltrax74
Looks very tight, nice layout thanks !

So drive out tip connects to switch 1B1 right ?
It might also be usefull to add a column to connect the high gain section input at the C5B/R13P/R14P connection

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

Muadzin
That's a big and crowded board. Kudos for pulling it off.

General remark, I wouldn't mind having a vero for the AMT cabsim only, as I find both a good one and a useful one. Hi-gain dirtbox layouts a plenty but good cabsims on the other hand are rare.

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

ξεναγος νεκροπολης

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

glasspak73
I'm not sure i understand how the off board wiring will work?Is there any chance of making a diagram?

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

motterpaul
Just FYI - The AMT B1 is in the blog section and it IS a great drive. It is one of my pedalboard pedals. Very high gain and versatile in EQ. These are great and I look forward to seeing more.

I personally would like to see just the pedal gain sections - I don't need cab sims, etc. That is just me, though.

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

alltrax74
I also built the B1 (not boxed yet)
I agree it's a great high gain distortion which stays very tight but a bit too trebly for my taste I play it with the treble pot fully closed
Does the same go for you ?

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

motterpaul
Indeed, I barely even crack the treble pot on. Even the midrange is a bit biting but the pedal sounds very good if you dial the midrange down and then dial in the treble to just the right amount.

By the way - the Brunetti Mercury (in the contributions section) sounds like a slightly lower gain version of this pedal; meaning that it has the same tone and quality, but less gain, so it makes for a nice rhythm pedal when using the B1 for lead.

I actually added an effects loop into my B1 so I can plug in my delay pedal and get repeats when I switch it on for leads.

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

alltrax74
I removed the high pass filter on treble 2 (10n cap + 56k res to ground) and it fattened a bit the sound, for what it's worth

I had the oportunity to purchase an AMT R2 for a good price, it's definitely a keeper, sounds huge, pretty close to the B1 from this site with a more versatile tone stack. I only tried the drive output

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

motterpaul
You must be using a different layout for the B1 (I know John K contributed one) because I don't have a treble 2 control. I did change the caps for treble from 510p to 680p (made it lower, from 3k to about 2k) and I changed the mid-cap from 43n to 15n (which brought it up to about 1k, previously it was about 300 Hz)

This makes it a completely different pedal. The original layout (here) makes the bass control really heavy (center freq is about 7hz) so if you turn up the bass alone it just adds a wall of low end, then if you added mid all it did was make it thicker. I thought the low mid was redundant, so I raised it.

The bass is still the same and really changes the character of the sound, However, I would like to get more gain out of the mids now at the new frequency.

Re: AMT Legend serie 2

alltrax74
Right I used johnk's layout (the 2 components I removed are on the daughter board of the main page layout)