AMZ Mini-tubes preamp

glasspak73
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: AMZ Mini-tubes preamp

Neil mcNasty
I'm not quite sure if it's a good idea to post this schematic here...

There is a specific reason that this schematic is only found on the CD and not on his website!
Mr.Orman has already contributed a lot to the community with his great knowledge, and his freely available designs on his website.
IMO: posting this schematic here, goes against the codex of the DIY-Community and it also undermines his attempts to at least get some beer money for his design work.
I recommend that you delete this post, and rather download the DIYLC software and start learning how to draw layouts.

Please notice that it says on the schematic: "No permission granted for use other than on musique.com"

Re: AMZ Mini-tubes preamp DELETED

glasspak73
I am sorry i was so excited that i finally found the schematic i didn't read all the fine print.i have deleted my request,i hope since im replying back to you  that my post stays deleted.i did not mean any dissrespect to Mr Ormann it was a mistake i didnt see the no permission notice.

Re: AMZ Mini-tubes preamp

Neil mcNasty
That happens sometimes...

But, this does not mean that we can not make a vero layout, and post it here.
I also got this schematic, and I got 9 hours to kill on a long bus-ride today, so I'll see if I can get a vero done for you...

Re: AMZ Mini-tubes preamp

doomkraft89
Not the best layout I´ve made. but it should work!

oh, that *-marked 10k resistor can be increased to add more gain in second stage.
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: AMZ Mini-tubes preamp

glasspak73
Thank you very much,I think i would go crazy if  i had to ride on a bus that long,I have been experimenting with combining and tweeking sections of two and /or three different circuits to see how they sound.I have an idea with this min-tubes circuit.i want to build it then add the AMZ mini booster to the input and the AMZ booster 2.5 to the output side.doomkraft89 has already posted the booster 2.5 i have multiple builds going at the moment,i plan on getting my green citrus and monarch combo dialed in today.hope you have a good,safe trip today.I check back on this site allot through the day.no hurry on the vero again thank you for your time on this.

PS:Are you traveling in the US or across the pond?

Re: AMZ Mini-tubes preamp

glasspak73
Wow thank you very much.i was just posting a reply back to Neil McNasty when i saw you already posted a vero up.man you guys are fast at this.i'm going to take Neils' suggestion and try learning how to do this myself once i get all my builds caught up,Right now i'm swamped.Once i do get started on this i will keep ya posted on my results.Thank you

Re: AMZ Mini-tubes preamp

Neil mcNasty
Seems like Doomkraft89 beat me to it.
I did make a layout while traveling by bus yesterday (I'm traveling from the west coast of Norway across the mountains to Oslo) but I guess its better to focus on the already posted layout and not confuse people with two different layouts...

Learning DIYLC is highly recommended!
Start with something small, and study/compare schematics against layouts (like this one)
It can be a bit confusing at the start, but it gets easier as you go...
Have patience though, and take your time with small and simple circuits.
The big ones can be a pain in the ass to debug and wrap your head around, specially when dealing with 2 or more ICs. Transistor based circuits are much easier...

Cheers!

Re: AMZ Mini-tubes preamp

doomkraft89
Sorry if I "stole" your bus-job Neil! ;-) I had almost finished the layout the night before.

Looking forward the see your project finished!
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: AMZ Mini-tubes preamp

glasspak73
Thanks Neil, I can read schematics really well,I just haven't spent much time trying to make a vero from a schematic yet.Every time i think i  have time to start one i get 3 or 4 more repairs dropped in my lap..lol i can't complain though cause i love building or repairing any electronics.I'm not very good at new programs on my computer.So how did your trip go?