Acapulco Gold max volume lower than unity

Acapulco Gold max volume lower than unity

mathbrook
First post on the forum!
So i've made an acapulco gold using the layout here and it is very quiet. it's also very gated, but i'd attribute that to the Tayda ICs that i'm using. I read in a diystompboxes thread that the tayda lm386L sounded bad in this circuit, and they certainly do, but that doesn't explain why it's so quiet. If i have the volume at any less than max, i get almost no sound, and while it is dimed it's maybe 1/2 of my bypassed volume. I tested the pot and it's fine, bypass works fine and all of the jacks are grounded properly, for what that's worth.. http://imgur.com/a/5Hnts

Re: Acapulco Gold max volume lower than unity

Marbles
Hi there!

It looks like you might have a bridge. Run a knife through all the lanes and make sure there is no solder connecting rows. It's hard to tell, but also check if the cuts are fully 'cut'  and there is nothing connecting.

This look like a bridge:

(I used a star, don't ask me why, it was there)

Also, I can't see where this resistor is going. It looks like its going in 2 holes? Maybe that just my eyes tricking me:

Re: Acapulco Gold max volume lower than unity

nostradoomus
Definitely knife the tracks out...theres a few potential bridges in there.