Active DI box

Freppo
A friend needed a couple DI boxes for his synths, so I drew up this layout for him. I haven't built it yet though, but it should be ok. It runs on phantom power only.

It's based on the schematic found here:
http://sound.westhost.com/project35.htm
I omitted the switch for line/speaker and the batteries.
But it should be easy to add in the box if someone wants it.

For a "thru" output, just wire the input jack to the thru jack.

Cheers
/ Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Active DI box

kirshman
So since 48v is coming in on phantom power, do we need to use 100v rated caps?

Re: Active DI box

I would. You can use 50v caps, but that's a little too close for my comfort. Btw, the panasonic caps are 63v and should be fine.

Re: Active DI box

Silver Blues
Wow, why haven't I seen this before? This would be great to put after some sort of preamp then into my little mixer for when I'm playing into my computer.

Re: Active DI box

kirshman
thanks guys!

Re: Active DI box

Freppo
I just remembered that I should have written a build report on this one.
Built it some time ago and it works great so it's verified. :)
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Active DI box

kirshman
How could a guy add a ground lift switch to this?

Re: Active DI box

j-pee
unfortunately, the website with the schematic no longer exists...
so here is the archive.org link:
(I've learned this "trick" here at guitarfxlayouts, BTW, with the Albert Kreuzer preamp:) )

https://web.archive.org/web/20160405105636/http://sound.westhost.com/project35.htm

and here is the schematic:

Re: Active DI box

ian_m