Add 2 LEDs, one for while pedal is off, one for while pedal is on..

Add 2 LEDs, one for while pedal is off, one for while pedal is on..

Dom Hawthorn
Hi all,

New here, but thought this might be the right place to ask my question.

I'm currently working on a build in which I'd like to have two different colour LEDs for when the pedal is switched off, and when the pedal is switched on. I want the pedal to engage the 'off' LED when the jacks are plugged in, and switch to the 'on' LED when the pedal is engaged..

Anyone know how to achieve this?

The reason I ask is because I'm using a light plate on this pedal and think it'd be cool to have the pedal always glowing and have it change when it's engaged.

Cheers!
Dom

Re: Add 2 LEDs, one for while pedal is off, one for while pedal is on..

dbat69
A very simple answer would be to use a bi-colour LED

Or you could just add another LED and wire to the stomp switch
You would just alter the wiring slightly - pin 1 goes to the ON led and pin 3 goes to the OFF led, pin 2 is ground
The leds are both fed with the power

See the offboard wiring  http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/offboard-wiring.html
pins 1,2 and 3 are on the left hand side of the switch with 1 at the top

Re: Add 2 LEDs, one for while pedal is off, one for while pedal is on..

To specifically answer your question, you will want two seperate LEDs for what you're trying to do. One inside the pedal where it can shine out of the light plate, and one mounted normally on the face

Basically for the light plate LED you can wire the anode through your current limiting resistor to 9V+. Put the cathode on the ring of your input jack so that it is only connected to ground when the input cable is plugged in.

The other bypass LED can be wired as usual

This is assuming you're making a negative ground pedal