Adding On/Off switch to Buffer

LettucePrey
I'd like to build a cornish buffer and was wondering how I could add an on/off switch to it. I'm guessing this is really easy. Let me know! Thanks!

Re: Adding On/Off switch to Buffer

Just use a DPDT toggle switch with conventional true bypass wiring.

Re: Adding On/Off switch to Buffer

LettucePrey
like this I take it?

Re: Adding On/Off switch to Buffer

Yep

Re: Adding On/Off switch to Buffer

LettucePrey
thank you sir

Re: Adding On/Off switch to Buffer

ichilton
Why DPDT over a 3PDT true bypass type?

Re: Adding On/Off switch to Buffer

DPDT is true bypass too, but because the position of the toggle is a clear indicator of its state, an LED isn't quite as necessary.  If you wanted to switch it with a stomp then you may prefer a 3PDT and use the third pole to switch on the LED