Amp talk

Re: Amp talk

alltrax74
Thank you

BTW I just got an email from Barry at ampmaker, he is sending me a new output transformer
Great !

Re: Amp talk

cylens
That build looks awesome!

I'm in for an Ampmaker Double Six, once:

-> it's available again
-> well, money, of course...

Currently, I'm playing guitar through 2 rigs: the signal is split to

-> Sovtek Mig 50 (loud little fucker) set to be as clean as possible as loud as possible (with a 5751 in the preamp section) into an ENGL 212 horizontal cab

-> a bass amp (EBS Fafner + EBS410 + EBS115) after being pitched one octave below by a POG2

I'm using overdrives on both amps: currently a Green Citrus on the Dark Channel of the Sovtek, a modded OCD on the Bright channel (yes split again), and a Rusty Box or an OCD for the bass amp.

Re: Amp talk

alltrax74
I asked Barry for the new double 6, he is late but hopes to have it ready soon

The head cabinet is almost done

Re: Amp talk

Re: Amp talk

alltrax74
Yes, i'm currently tolexing face and back plates

Re: Amp talk

motterpaul
Man - I JUST traded my 50-watt EVH 5150 for a 100-watt 5150. All I had to do was throw in $350 - I think I got a steal. I love the sound of 100-watt amps - not because they are louder (you can turn them down), but they because they just sound fuller.

I saw one of the 100 5150S amps Fender built yesterday, a local shop is selling it for $2300. All it has is the resonance control for all three channels (that is a bass boost). They built the bass boost into the 50-watt (resonance dial) but not the 100 watt - not sure why.

Then years later they made 100 of the 100-watt versions with the resonance control and they are charging way more for them. There is a guy who does the resonance mod on 100-watt EVHs for $350 - but I don't think I need it. It is a very cool sounding amp.

Re: Amp talk

alltrax74
P1800 is finished. I tested it 2 hours at high level, with both a strat and a LP, it sounds wonderfull

Re: Amp talk

dbat69
Alltrax, that is a work of art - its really beautiful, so professional looking in every respect.
I'm pleased it sounds good too

Re: Amp talk

Re: Amp talk

alltrax74
Thanks guys !
No, no name, but I agree that the faceplate feels a bit naked, I'll have to think about it ;-)

Re: Amp talk

dbat69
alltrax74 wrote
the faceplate feels a bit naked, I'll have to think about it ;-)
How about something simple like

ROCK IT

Re: Amp talk

Re: Amp talk